What the heck????

Moderator: Mods

jen5239
Community Greeter

What the heck????

Post by jen5239 »

Hey everyone,
Once again my Byndi was a punk last night. Bit the you know what out of me once I got him out of his cage and he fluttered to the floor and I put my arm down for him to step up on. He was just a punk. So I put him on his play stand and he just sat there like a statue. Then if I'd leave the room and peak around the corner he'd climb the ladders and play with the toys. But when I came back in he'd stop. And then this morning when I got him up and was changing his food and water he was clinging to the back bars of the cage in the corner????? What the heck. Like he was afraid. Why is he doing this?? Any clues? I'm at a loss? Help me!

Frustrated,
Jen :evil:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Jen:

Are you this babys first owner? This fact escapes me at the moment.

That bugger bite you when he was on the floor :?:
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Mikaela,
I got him from a breeder. So as far as I know I'm his first owner. And yes the little you know what bites me from the floor! I told him that he isn't supposed to do that. That I'm the one who rescues him when he's on the floor. But sometimes he bites the you know what out of me and others he just steps right up. And he sure doesn't want to step up from a perch for me. When he's in his cage and I finally get him out and he's clinging to the bars of the cage he tries to fly and goes to the floor and then he'll step up. Or when he's on his play stand he does the same thing. Don't know why???? I'm so at a loss when it comes to him! I just think things are going well and then he's a punk!

Jen
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Well I doubt the breeder was mean to him and I know you havent been so we can rule that out.

I think he wasnt handled by the breeder, although you say THEY said he was. Breeders say alot of things, no offense, I know there are good breeders out there. But the truth remains, there are many poor ones.

You are at work during the day, right? Remember, I have the advantage of working from home so I have more time to tame by sitting near new babies with the door open. So, dont beat yourself up, alot of us have 8 more hours a day to tame than you.

If you are a stay at homer then this fella is behind and we have got to get to the root of the problem.

Do you come from behind when picking him up? As a predator might? It is the smallest little things like that we have to consider.

We have to develop bird-brains :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Man! I had a few paragraphs typed and hit something and away they went. That happens to me sometimes. Grrr....

I do work away from home. I leave at 7:30 a.m. and get home anywhere from 4:45 to 6:30. But as soon as I get home I open the cage doors and invite them out.

I don't approach him from behind. He just wants no part of stepping up from anywhere BUT from the floor. And then he isn't nice all the time. Sometimes he'll step up nicely and others he bites the snot out of me. Grrrr..... :shock: How do I teach him to step up from a perch, or his play stand? Heck for that part to me from his cage??

Lost,
Jen
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

When Baby was a terror, I used a small perch stick to remove her from where she was to where I wanted her to be. I moved my hand up the stick a little futher everytime.

Here, I'll show you... there was a day I had the meanest girl on earth. Lived to bite... these are the 'bad ol' days' hehe

That was her at 8 weeks old, had her for two weeks, at that point. She would climb around the cage to avoid the stick and I would predict where she would place her talons next and have the stick there. Once on the stick... game on.

When I say "I have been there, hunny I have been there"

So, this is how I stayed close to my baby when she only hated me and wanted to eat me alive. After me hand-feeding her, nonetheless. :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky