Curiosity

Moderator: Mods

kmrusso

Curiosity

Post by kmrusso »

I have recently added a 6 month old male IRN to my household and currently have a 6 year old female cockatiel, the IRN is very interested and curious about the cockatiel. He wants to constantly be near her, in her food bowls and see all that she's doing, she's scared of him. Any thoughts on how to proceed with teaching them to like/love or even tolerate each other.

Thanks. :)
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I have an Indian Ringneck that practically thinks it IS a cockatiel. They can get along very well together.

I would suggest any time together should be supervised at first, and if you see any signs of agression put them away.

The other ringneck I have sometimes is my friends bird, It took a long time to tolerate any grey cockatiels that I had, the other mutations were fine as long as they werent grey. The cockatiels could fly well and the ringneck had clipped wings so the cockatiels could always fly to a safe distance.

Also be wary of adding new members or even existing members that have been away for a while back into the flock as they may become agressive towards the newcomer, let them adjust first. It took my flock a few days to get used to having the lutino ringneck back into the flock.
IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

sounds like ur IRN is already happy to get on with your tiel. jus give your tiel some time because by the way you have putit it sounds like your IRn came on pretty strong.