My boy back in the old days.

Moderator: Mods

Fah

My boy back in the old days.

Post by Fah »

That is a pic of my baby boy Naemh (Ny-eem) when he was a little tucker!

Less than one year there.

That one was when he was a little older (about 1-2 years) with a female Sunny that belongs to a close friend of mine. They were so in love heh. They fed, slept and preened together always.

Love the little bonds they get.

That pic shows off (from my honest knowledge) my own devised clip on his wings.

I take the smaller flights off to an extent, then I clip down and into close to the strong part of the feather (basicly taking the body from the main 5 flights yet leaving the strength and outer edges of the front of the feather) so when he is sitting there... you cant tell he is clipped at all. Yet when it comes to flying, he can escape the pet cat and dog and flee from other angry pets yet gets incredibly tired incredibly fast.

Not once has this routine faulted with broken wings.. as they are still at near peak strength (as far as any clipping goes) and there is enough body to them to not get stuck anyway in the first place.

If anyone knows of this method of clipping before 2003 let me know :P I think I came up with it.. and im sticking to it till proven otherwise lol
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

They are lovely! And look how cute when they preen with each other like that!

The first time I clipped lovy I also clipped her that way, but the second time I clipped her I used the normal method.

Its my dad's idea to clip her that way, and it just came from his mind without anyone suggestion.
Fah

Post by Fah »

Yah... its weird the things you think of to try keep your pet looking as original as possible... yet trying to keep their limits on flight in a modern populated area realistic.
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

What great shots--baby grew up very nicely!!
MCS
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

beautiful birdy grew up well :D
Fah

Post by Fah »

Will come back with some mature shots. Quite the proud showoff he is.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Aww! What a cutie! hehe attacking the frog! I wish my 2 preened each other. They are getting there!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Fah

Post by Fah »

Birds are such random creatures of nature sometimes regarding things like that. Naemh hated grey birds for god knows how long yet never ever had one bad altercation with a grey animal.

Yet one day he just clicked to a young silver IRN. Now feeds it O.o

He is a perfect parent with any bub too which is weird from what I have heard regarding male IRN's. He helps me feed any baby IRN'd I bring in to hand raise heh. Its adorable.

Again.. such random creatures of nature.