Um clucking like a chicken??? Male or Female?

Moderator: Mods

Dani03

Um clucking like a chicken??? Male or Female?

Post by Dani03 »

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me! Is clucking like a chicken a female trait or male? Obviously I own an albino IRN so this little one will not be getting a ring if s/he is a boy. We are pretty sure it's a she by the way she acts. However, s/he does sit like a little puffball of feathers. If this a baby trait (s/he is still young) Um Prinny has huge feet (I am told that this is usually a female trait also) Lately however whenever s/he is petted s/he begins to cluck like a chicken! It is so cute to hear. S/he will bow it's head back and cluck like a chicken. I was wondering if this was gender specific? I still got alot to learn about these birds... :wink:

Dani and Prinny
Melika

Post by Melika »

Both Hane and Tsume do this and I've come to believe it's just a natural call for them. We don't know what sex they are yet, sorry I couldn't be of more help. :cry:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Both do it but I *think* it is a Male thing, dont quote me on that so I suppose Im not much help either. There is a topic on the board about this but I cant find it :oops:
~ Mikaela Sky

IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

Its usually the female that bows her head and dilate her pupils. Although males do this aswell. I’ve seen a female pigeon mount her male just for the heck of it.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Think I did that once too after a bottle of vodka, just for the heck of it.
~ Mikaela Sky

ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

sounds like you have a young female! Females tilt their head back and pin their eyes while they cluck. So I am gonig to say female. :wink:

Best Wishes,

Imran Chaudhry
Dani03

Thanks!

Post by Dani03 »

Today I am positive I have a female. She did tilt her head back and pin her eyes happily when I petted her. She looked just like Mikaela's Boo. I don't really care if Prinny is a boy or girl (however it would help if she was a girl as her name is Princess... :wink: )

Dani and Prinny