Be My Fidalentine!

Moderator: Mods

Lisa's Tiki

Be My Fidalentine!

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Ha! Precious...

Not to steal your thread! But, your grey makes me goo goo every time I see it I think... I WANT one of those so badly.

What ya think? I have a ringneck in 2 colors... want a gray ringneck to complete my flock. I have one more bird coming to me.

*If* it were ya'll would you get a ringneck or an African Grey?

KNOWING... no more birds.
~ Mikaela Sky

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Love it! :wink:

Everytime I show people a grey talking they think its fake. They are remarkable talkers arnt they?
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Lisa's Tiki

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

Hi Mikaela,
Definetly get a grey!!!! They are Grey't birds! :lol:
I love both my IRN and my CAG, but grey's make life very interesting with all the new things they come up with all the time. Riley is ALWAYS doing something different or saying something different all the time. They don't like each other though and it was really hard to get both of them to sit still long enough for me to snap this picture, because they kept scaring each other and flying down! :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you can afford it Mik, definetly get a grey!!!!!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Lisa's Tiki wrote:Hi Mikaela,
Definetly get a grey!!!! They are Grey't birds! :lol:
I love both my IRN and my CAG, but grey's make life very interesting with all the new things they come up with all the time. Riley is ALWAYS doing something different or saying something different all the time. They don't like each other though and it was really hard to get both of them to sit still long enough for me to snap this picture, because they kept scaring each other and flying down! :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you can afford it Mik, definetly get a grey!!!!!

Now see, these are exactly the reasons I have considered a CAG and not already committed to a gray ringneck. Its settle... CAG it is.

If you had the option... Baby or adoption? Feel free to PM me with your opinion and reasons. Help me out yall :!:
~ Mikaela Sky

~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

omg that's ADORABLE!

Mik i definately vote for a grey they're great birds. I'd love one some day! :lol:
~the stubborn one~
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

They seem so mellow. They bite much? Or reaaaal slow like a macaw?
~ Mikaela Sky

Peanut

Post by Peanut »

my aunt rescued an african grey about 30 years ago. the bird clung to her husband and has never let anybody touch it but him. the bird is VERY smart though. likes to tourment the kitties with "here kitty, kitty! come get a treat!" then the cats would come and she would say "stupid cat" he he. very funny to watch. i want one someday too!
Lisa's Tiki

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

Well Riley nor Tiki has never bitten me unless I am trying to make them wear a flight suite. :lol: I have read though that once a grey gets about 2 years old then they can become nippy because they are testing you - just like how IRN can go through a testing period. Riley will turn 1 on Feb. 17th, so I guess I have another year. Tiki never went through it, he has always been a little sweatheart! I think it REALLY helps to get a bird at a very young age. I have had Tiki since he was 8 weeks old and Riley, even though I didn't get to bring her home until she was 6 months old, I still went and visited with her often since she was 3 weeks old, so we created a bond since then. Yes Mik, get either a CAG or a TAG, they are both great birds.
Donna

Post by Donna »

Mik if your considering a grey go for the baby for two reasons, one a baby is likely to adapted better to your lifestyle, and two if you go for an older bird from a rescue they have more problems. CAG can be more excitable then the TAG. Grey's are known to bond to one person unless learned early to socialize. There are a couple of books I would recommend on greys, For The Love of Greys by Bobby Brinker, The African Grey Parrot Handbook By Mattie Sue Athan and Dianalee Deter, these are both great books to read before buying a Grey. Hope this helps you with your choice. :D

Donna
Lisa's Tiki

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

Oh yes definetly get For the Love of Grey's!! I LOVE that book!!!!! TONS of great information!!! And yes babies are the best way to go I totally agree! I take Riley out with me whenever I can and she is very friendly to everyone. It really helps alot to socalize them at an early age. My breeder even recommended playing "pass the grey" game. Everyone sit in a circle and take turns holding and playing with the bird and then pass the bird to the next person. It helps alot with socalization, however with my daughter it doesn't work, because she won't hold Riley for fear of her sharp nails!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Great advice girls!

Yeah, I decided before Buddy I was going to adopt one more and my last would be a baby. Definately a baby. :P

I'll have 3 adopted, two babies. DONE! I swear.
~ Mikaela Sky