Why does he do this?

Moderator: Mods

jessk16

Why does he do this?

Post by jessk16 »

Hi, i was wondering if anyone else's IRN does this too and if anyone knows what it means. For starters ours is 10months old, guessing its a boy as a ring is starting to show. We got him 3 days ago, he was not hand raised so its a big job! he's doing well but what we've noticed is he lets my partner (male) scratch his belly and head a lot more than me, even though im the one home with him and talking to him everyday! and while my partner is scratching him he stretches his head right back and makes little noises. sometimes he does this while he is just sitting on his perch. Is this a mating ritual? or does he just want a scratch and the attention? I also dont understand why he lets my partner scratch him anytime but for me only sometimes. Could this be because he is female and likes male humans? If anyone knows anything about this id like to hear your stories! Thanks :)
IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

are u sure hes only 10 months? i dont think it would be possible to see a ring around its neck at that age. any way it sounds like it is pinning both males and females do this only the males tend to hop (i think). what colour is it? if you could send some pictures in maybe someone on this site could sex and age it for you.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Birds pick their "person'. We don't pick them. Sorry yours picked your mate. My kitty did the same thing grrr. I know the feeling. It was me that cared for her after her momma left her (4 weeks old) not my husband but she loves him sooooo much. She loves me too but from afar.
~ Mikaela Sky