Talking????

Moderator: Mods

Tiki

Talking????

Post by Tiki »

Okay, I know IRN are not suppose to learn to talk until they are about 1 year old. I have listened to the MP3's on this site and the Chattering one where the bird is practing talking, I swear this sound just like Tiki when I am talking to him. How many months do they practice before they start talking, because I would think that 11 WEEKS is still way to young to be even trying to talk, but Tiki ONLY makes these sounds when I am talking or singing to him (I sing the Disneyland Tiki Room song to him :D ) I don't know if this is normal or if I somehow got extremly lucky and have one VERY smart bird on my hands????
colettec2000

talking irn

Post by colettec2000 »

HI,
My irn is 5 months old and he/she does the same thing. I thoght I was hearing things, But my husband heard it too. I don't know what the norm is. I think it is kind of neat, though.

Nikki is very entertaining. No matter what sex he is. :lol:
COLETTE
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

LoL! It is cool! I really enjoy those baby sounds and its fun trying to piece together what they are saying. It’s such a fun stage of ringneck development!

Some babies start practicing early and some start later. It all depends on the ringneck. I am hand feeding a baby who is about 10 weeks old and it’s already making these baby sounds. Archimedes, my male ringneck, started around 13 weeks of age and is a wonderful talker. It just goes to show you every ringneck develops at their own pace.

Just keep talking to your baby and the more it hears, the more it will talk. Please keep us updated! Most ringnecks start talking around 7 months; however, some can start as early as 6 months.

Best wishes, :wink:

I.C.