introduction

Moderator: Mods

robin

introduction

Post by robin »

Hi. I just got my first IRN last week He/She is just 7 weeks old and doing very well. I have been watching this board for a while and have learned sooo much. Thank you all for your posts. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as time goes on. Oh, I have one already..... How long do I continue handfeeding? I do this once a day, right before bedtime. I also play Chuck Mangione when I go to bed or go out. (I know, I know....corny but I think it calms my pair of lovebirds and hope it also works for "the new guy"). I'll keep an eye out for tips and such. Thanks again for being here.
carrie

Post by carrie »

Hi there - I am a bit of a novice also, but I'll try to help (I know it can be disappointing when you don't get a reply). I got my irn when he was about 12 weeks old and had the same question. If you are hand feeding him/her formula then you will need to keep it up until he doesn't want it anymore. They wean themselves eventually. My little guy took a few weeks to come of it but now he is happy without it - he much prefers to eat what I am eating! I hope this helps.