Byndi was a BRAT last night

Moderator: Mods

jen5239
Community Greeter

Byndi was a BRAT last night

Post by jen5239 »

Hey everyone,
Well my idea of torturing the little green bird and helping him to realize we're doomed to become buddies was not so hot last night. That little $#@& bit the snot out of me soooooooooo many times. I've even bruised from two of the bites!! :evil: Then when I'd get him calmed down a little and sitting nicely on my wrist he'd hunker down some and fly right at my face! I swear it was like he was trying to attack me. Then the chase was on. :shock: :shock: What a pain. I was in tears by the time I put him up. BAD, BAD, day at work and then Byndi's actions! Just kind of toppled me over the edge. Cuz I was so upbeat about working with him. Cuz the first two days seemed progressive. And yesterdays was AGGRESSIVE. Little brat! Any kind words of encouragement?? I haven't even bothered him yet today and it's after 2 p.m. And the little punk hasn't even tried to come out of his cage. He knows if he comes out that's when I try to work with him. So he just hangs in the doorway or on his top perch where he must feel safe. Wish me luck this weekend. I would like to progress, not be attacked again. Every time he took off last night and I'd get him to step up on my wrist or fist he'd bite the **** out of me. And man did it hurt! Little ingrate! :x :x :x

Jen :x :shock: :( :evil: :roll:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Jen:

I usually dont recommend gloves but I have had about all from that lil booger I am going to take. Go to Wal-Mart and get a pair of the thinnest leather gloves you can. Try to get them as close to skin color as possible. No matter how thin the glove (even as thin as a golf glove will do) you wont feel the bite, per se only the pressure.

Others will probably chime in and say "never use gloves" if so make sure they know what you and I have been through. If they did, they wouldnt be saying it.

I swear to on all I hold dear, THE ONLY WAY I GOT BABY FROM BITING WAS TO LET HER, OFFER IT. I would say Go ahead, bite me... I dont care, Im not moving and you are stepping up. And yes, there were times it hurt so bad I wanted to thump her head off in frustration but SHE STOPPED when I stopped caring.

Except from the freak bite a few nights ago, which was obviously my fault, she hasnt biten me in months (she is like 6-7 months).

Good luck babygirl.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Wow

Post by Dani03 »

Well just keep at it. you had a great start don't stop now! There WILL be days that Byndi will try to revert...thier attitudes change sooo rapidly. Just keep at it and don't give up! You CAN do this... :wink:

Wow Mikaela...I think we joined this board around the same time right? I remember when I was reading your posts about how bad Baby was being. Jen, if you go back and reread all those posts about how Baby was you'll see that it does take months to change these birds. What I remember Baby was a little terror and I do believe Mikaela was going crazy :lol:. Byndi will change but it will take time and patience.

Much hope and hugs for you Jen and Byndi over here...

Dani and Prinny
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

That is very true Dani... Baby was VERY vicious as a chick and it continually perpetuated.

Through determination, she is a sweet punkin and one would ever know how terribly vicious she once was.

Jen: Read my old posts. Baby was AWFUL.
~ Mikaela Sky