Toilet training...

Moderator: Mods

Little_Bailey

Toilet training...

Post by Little_Bailey »

Hey i was wondering if anybody had any tips on toilet training my baby bailey? he is only 7 weeks old but everytime he poohs on someone or something i put him in his cage is this the right thing to do? if anyone has suggestions i will be very grateful....! thanks xx :)
julies

Post by julies »

Hi
I have made a poop suit for elka.I found one on ebay for lorries and made my own from its templet, i find that she is fine with it and it acts as a flight suit as well.You do have to start them when little elka is 9 weeks old. I have found that the lorries poop suit does fit the irns, but only when little.
julies
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I have success with my babies by knowing their actions before they drop the bomb. I then hold them over the trash can on my finger. They seem to be catching on because they are more restless now beforehand and poo as soon as they get over the can. I dont do this with Cheif, he is just a lil fella, 2 months. I do with my 6 month and 2.5 yr old girls.

If you'll notice, a bird poos about every 15 minutes, like clock work. Just watch what your baby does right before and start holding him over the trash can. When he drops in there, much praise. He'll catch on. Seriously. The first time I read this in research I was like :roll: but, sure enough, they catch on.

Irns are smart enough to get the picture, I dont know about other birds. I will know when my 'tiel Chief gets a little older and I try with him.

Putting him in his cage IS NOT the right thing to do, he shouldnt be punished, he should be trained or allowed to go where he may. Or, to be played with in an area such as the kitchen where there is no carpet, ect. He will NEVER put two and two together to equal poo means cage. He will only see it as a punishment, thereby making way for resentment.

They create and hold a grudge very easily. Usually takes a week for them to get over it. Im sure you dont want that. :wink:
~ Mikaela Sky

julies

Post by julies »

Hi
A sorry neglected to mention that i only use the suit when elka is beening played with or we go out together, she never wears her suit in her cage(not that shes ever really in her cage) she spends most of her time on play gym on top of cage or with me.
Thanks
Julies
Little_Bailey

Post by Little_Bailey »

Thanks for ur help girls, it means alot :D
ScarletKnight

toilet training

Post by ScarletKnight »

i agree with mileka
do not put the bird in cage as a punishment remember how u felt when your mommy and daddy told you go to ure room and you didn't know why same concept applies here. ciao
***Disclaimer*** the statement above is opinion expressed soley for the purpose of providing educational and guidance to its reader. It does not by any implied meaning offend disrespect anymore. Your understanding is appreciated***