Cage in front of a window?

Moderator: Mods

skyfire

Cage in front of a window?

Post by skyfire »

Hi, right now our Ringnecks cage is along a wall, not near a window. I thought I may have read somewhere's advising not to put the Ringneck in front of a window looking outside. Is this true, or is there anyone in here that has their cage in front of a window, and if so how does that seem to be working out?

:?:
xx_sheena_xx

Re: Cage in front of a window?

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

My Conure and IRN's cages are both infrount of a window (only place they would fit)
They dont seem to care about it, they get exited when it rains though.
They are both happy aswell, I have never read not to put them infrount of a window
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

The only negative I can see about putting birds infront of a window would be if there is no protection from sun/heat or preditory birds could taunt and scare them. I move my birds around the house at times and place them outside a few times a week when the weather allows, to give my birds different view surroundings.
I think that birds would love to see what is going on outside at times, they can be real stickybeaks! lol :lol:
Elivia

Post by Elivia »

I have my ringneck in front of the window also as his cage is large and fits well in the corner. I have read that you should not put them in front of the window. I think its fine. My ringneck gets lots of fresh air during the day and i always make sure he is not in direct sunlight. He likes to look outside and is always happy to watch the dogs play in the back yard. As long as they are sheltered from hot or cold weather i would not worry about it.
impala400

Post by impala400 »

Doisy's cage is in front of a window and I think he loves it. I do have curtains over the window but he loves to reach through the bars and pull the edge back so he can see out. Also, when he's out of his cage he loves to get in the curtains and look out. I did have blinds over the window but he thoroughly destroyed them. :roll:
julie

Post by julie »

I think people say dont have them near windows because of draughts and some people think that the sun coming through a window is as good as having them outside in natural sunlight.