Ring Colours!!!! my baby has a ring!

Moderator: Mods

baby_bella

Ring Colours!!!! my baby has a ring!

Post by baby_bella »

hey all
guess what my baby has a ring!!! yay :lol: its very light blue but she is only 6 weeks is this abnormal... :?: i can only very faintly see it, she is a blue with a lighter blue ring. im a lil concerned cause i heard they get rings at like 1yr or something. :?

if any one else has seen this on there babies please reply!!!

Can i just say thanks to all you guys for this forum as well, its helped me so much looking after my lil one...
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Both sexes have lighter rings as youngsters and only males get the black/blue/red ring when they get their adult plumage between 1 and 3 years of age.
-Chamon-

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

What Datsun said. My 2.5 yr old girl has a VERY pronounced ring however, it is a lighter green than the rest of her because she is FEMALE. They all have rings to some degree, it is just the boys that get a ring of a different color.

If you would like to see my girls ring, out of curiousity, let me know. :D
~ Mikaela Sky

baby_bella

Post by baby_bella »

ohhhh i would love to see it.... i should post some pics of my baby too, hehe i have the funniset one of her (im just saying her fore now until i know definate sex!!! :oops: ) when i got her the fisrt day and i was feeding her it went all over her beak in this huge blob! but know we got that down packed now, dont we bella?! hehe please post some of your baby's rings! :lol:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby:

How old is she? And do her eyes pin yet?
~ Mikaela Sky

baby_bella

Post by baby_bella »

she is 6 weeks old but she is very mature, she definatly has a mind of her own! she loves cuddles and kisses.... her eyes are just black atm when do you think they will get changed to the ring in side them??? what colour are your babies? mines really electric blue!!!! hehe :lol: my name is jess by the way and im 17, i live in australia and have a red whisler canary too!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

My baby is right at 6 months and still isnt pinning. I hope she never does, se looks so cute with those little mouse eyes! I know she will though.
~ Mikaela Sky

Kel_13

Post by Kel_13 »

Yeah i herd it was 3 years when the male gets his ring
Melika

Post by Melika »

Kel_13 wrote:Yeah i herd it was 3 years when the male gets his ring

It can take that long. But a ring can appear anywhere between fifteen months and three years. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Little_Bailey

Post by Little_Bailey »

My baby also has a slight ring around his neck...(i also call mine a boy not sure yet though :oops: )
IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

what melika sed is right it can take any where up to 4 or 5 years. Just like ages of puberty can very in humans some people don’t blossom until there late teens where other’s do before the age of 11 or 12.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I still havent 'blossomed' :(
~ Mikaela Sky

IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

lol