pairing?

Moderator: Mods

JimHcctx

pairing?

Post by JimHcctx »

I am trying to decide what to pair up a normal green hen with. I have aGreen pallid and a grey pallid cock available.

My understanding is if I go with the grey pallid, I will end up with greens, grey pallid and grey-greens. Where as Iif I go with the Green pallid, I will end up with 75% green and 25% pallid hens.

THe opnly benifit I see to the green pallid, is that it is proven and both the male and female are extrodinarly human friendly. (I have a therory it makes better offspring).

Thoughts?

thanks
Jim H
Nodding the head is not rowing the boat!
Recio

Re: pairing?

Post by Recio »

Hi Jim;

When you say grey pallid male .... what are you meaning? Possibilities:
1. Grey SF green pallid
2. Grey DF green pallid
3. Grey SF blue pallid
4. Grey DF blue pallid

If you are meaning that the bird appears grey, then it is a blue-grey. If this is the case probably it is a SF grey blue. To know if the birds is SF or DF grey you should ask the old owners or look at his progeny. I will assume that the male is a grey SF blue pallid. Then you will get:
Males:
50% grey(sf) green /blue pallid
50% green /blue pallid
Females
50% grey(sf) pallid /blue
50% pallid /blue

This is the best pair to do. If you put your female to a green pallid cock you will only get green males split pallid and pallid females.

As far as I know tamed birds are not better breeders than untamed birds, but more probably the oposite. Let us know your theory.

Cheers

Recio