New to breeding, need genetics help

Moderator: Mods

catherine

New to breeding, need genetics help

Post by catherine »

Hi there, we have recently aquired a blue cock and a lutino hen, just wondering what colour the babies will be, from the research I've done I think they will have all green split blue babies, but I'm not to sure, I have very limited knowledge of genetics, and I think I remember the previous owners mentioning white babies, is albino a possibility? I've tried using the genetics calculator but it's too complicated for me. Thanks :D
bec

Re: New to breeding, need genetics help

Post by bec »

i know what you mean i keep getting confused with the genetic calculator but the white babies from a blue cock i can explain!!
your male is split to albino just like my kieron
every clutch he has had so far has thrown at least one albino chick
with a lutino hen you could get some georgeous little bubs im not sure what other colors you will get coz ive only had kieron with a silver hen so far but i have been told that blue cock lutino hen is a good pairing keep us posted
madas

Post by madas »

Hi,

so if this pair really had an albino (blue ino) offspring then your male should be split to lutino and your female should be split to blue. So the offspring can be:

1.0 blue /ino
x 0.1 ino /blue
% from all 1.0
25.0% 1.0 blue /ino
25.0% 1.0 green /blue ino
25.0% 1.0 blue ino
25.0% 1.0 ino /blue
% from all 0.1
25.0% 0.1 blue ino
25.0% 0.1 ino /blue
25.0% 0.1 blue
25.0% 0.1 green /blue
catherine

Post by catherine »

Thanks guys that kinda makes sense to me now, I'm not sure he is split though because I only vaguely remember the conversation, so I don't know, they're actually due to hatch today, so I might as well just wait for them to grow their feathers, I'm so excited though, I hope they are split mutations.

I will keep you posted, and I'll try to get some sneaky pics of the bubs (when and if they hatch) if she'll let me, because she doesn't like me too much, as you would expect.

Thanks again :)