What are the best pellets?

Moderator: Mods

jeannette105

What are the best pellets?

Post by jeannette105 »

I have one ringneck that I got in January. I was told that he was 11months old. I put him on Lafeber's Premium Daily Diet for Parrots and Sun Seed Sunscription Vita Plus Conure Formula along with fruits and vegs. I adopted 3 more ringneck yesterday. Bonded male 4 and female 3 and male 2. They were on Zupreem pellets and a seed mix along with fruits and vegs. Their beaks look a little flaky but I was told they just went through a molt. Not sure if that has any thing to do with it. I have done some research into the different pellets but not sure what would be good for them. Roudybush pellets look good and I like the look of their California Blend. I also have a 4 year old female African Grey and a small parakeet. Can anyone help me decide what is best for my babies?
Melika

Post by Melika »

http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=7941

Also, I think the flaky beak comes from not enough fresh foods. For a while I was crazy busy in life and my Hane began flaking on his beak as he was getting so few or none at all of fresh foods. :? Was a big wake up call. With a good diet their beaks should become a deep and vibrant red, not looking dry and flaky.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
floridamedgirl

Post by floridamedgirl »

I put a mixture of fruit blend zupreem and also harrisons (lifetime?) with a splash of seeds (for treat).

I leave the seed/pellet mixture in the cage at all times and freshen it up every few days..he doesnt eat alot of it.

I DO feed him fresh foods twice a day. If he doesnt have fresh foods he whines and squaks!
"Wally" IRN Male DOH 3/8/09