Finally Some Great Progress!!!

Moderator: Mods

sherry

Finally Some Great Progress!!!

Post by sherry »

Well Pacman my adopted IRN has finally had a breakthrough. I decided to take him out of his cage by towel and bring him into the living room where he can really get used to me and I can interact with him more outside of his cage. I put him on the back of my sofa so that he can sit while my husband and I watch tv. Well would wonders never cease I leaned over the edge of the sofa and he walked from the other side of the sofa and stood next to me. :o ( Sorry the post is so long.) I thought that this was a fluke so I moved to the other end of the sofa and called to him -and he came right over to me!!! :lol: I did this five more times and at the last time he actually stepped up on my arm and nuzzled my nose!!! :D When I let him down to put the other birds into their cages he actually jumped off the sofa and tried to follow me :P Well today I took him out again, and this time he not only crawled onto my arm but went up to sit on my shoulder! I walked around with him as I was cooking and he calmly sat there and played with my hair and groomed himself. When I bent over to the sofa to put him down he refused to go. I am happy that he is starting to trust me. He still is afraid of my hands and to be touched but I figure if I carry him around he will grow to trust me a liitle more. For all of you new IRN owners especially older, neglected birds like mine. Please be patient with them. They are watching you and will come to you in time. I have had mine for 7 months and I thought I would never have a breakthrough. BE PATIENT, KIND, and CARING !!! I also want to thank once again those who prayed and gave me words of encouragement when Pacman was sick, he is doing well and his feathers are coming in beautifully and he is as greedy as ever!!! :P