Question about feathers, some help please

Moderator: Mods

Omnicromm

Question about feathers, some help please

Post by Omnicromm »

Hi people how are all of you?? well i have two IRN one is Kiwi he/she is green and the other one is Daikiri he/she is gray, they are around 1 year old (i know this because the peak has just change its color) well now we are in winter here at my country but dispaiste the rain the weather is very hot, my dogs are loosing the hair and the lovebirds of my mom are loosing their feathers, but i am concern about something my IRN are loosing their feathers not the white ones but the long ones, not a lot but not a few ones i know the they have to molt for first time when they aproach the 2 years (when i am going to know if they are girls, boys or a pair), so my question is if its normal that they lose feathers? because the wheater i mean? or it could be something wrong? any help its going to be apresiated

Alex
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Woah Guatemala, South America. That's a interesting place to live, i'm just a nut for outdoor things, anyway your birds might be molting. I am sure wen they molt they loose basically everything. Good luck
Omnicromm

Post by Omnicromm »

Thanks for the reply!!! well i hope is only that they are molting as far as i knew that had to happend when they are 2 years but maybe this hot wheater is making some changes!!!

Well yep Guatemala is a very interesting place to live (since we are at the south of Mexico we are in central america not south america yet but basicaly we have the founa of south america!!) specially if you like birds like amazons!!! but for the IRNs!!! hmmm well they are not so popular here so almost no vet know about them...

well thanks a lot for your help!!!! :D

PS yes AC/DC rocks!!!!!