Attention?

Moderator: Mods

xx_sheena_xx

Attention?

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

How much attention does an IRN need?
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

Lots if you want your baby to stay super tame. Skye's out of his cage for most of the day and gets a few hours of one on one attention every day.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

i have been thinking about getting one for about a year now, i have two in an averie but their not friendly.
But i dont think i would really have time for a tame one :(
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

xx_sheena_xx wrote:i have been thinking about getting one for about a year now, i have two in an averie but their not friendly.
But i dont think i would really have time for a tame one :(
Well my husband works a full time job and I work a part time job and we still find time for Skye. He has a large cage with plenty of toys and fun stuff to do when we're not around. When we do need to go travel some where, we either take him with us or leave him with someone he likes. He loves car rides though. He always gets excited and chatters non stop. :D
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

Well im at school from 8:30 am until about 4:00pm, and when i get home i always have lots of homework i have to do. I also have a conure and she needs attention all the time but she is usally pretty good if she is left alone.
And i dont really think my mum would let me put another bird cage in our house :(
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

xx_sheena_xx wrote:Well im at school from 8:30 am until about 4:00pm, and when i get home i always have lots of homework i have to do. I also have a conure and she needs attention all the time but she is usally pretty good if she is left alone.
And i dont really think my mum would let me put another bird cage in our house :(
Your conure would especially appreciate a play mate to chatter with when you're not there. Though they would need their own space. That's quite true. I had the same problem with my mom and a female parrotlet. I just snuck in another bird and stuck him in her cage and luckily for me they fell in love, yet remained very tame. My mom was very pissed at me for a long time. My mom was also kinda unreasonable when it came to pets. It was easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission, so sneaking animals was the only way I'd get new animals.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

she has budgies next to her in a cage but im hoping to get them an averie, and my conure will talk to anything, she even talks to my cat!
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Well you can talk to it while doing home work. :lol: :lol:
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

well i dont know about getting one anymore, i know im going to be hand-rearing babies when i was getting some and hopefully i will be getting a baby budgie soon, so ill just wait and see how that goes first