Should i breed IRNs?

Moderator: Mods

Ringneck <3

Should i breed IRNs?

Post by Ringneck <3 »

i really like IRNs but i do not have one yet, should i wait a while before i have one so i know the behavior and then get another and breed, not breed at all or breed like 5 years into the future?
-Lucas :wink:
julie

Post by julie »

why do you need to breed them?
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

that all depends on the person really...Some peoplethink breeding as cruel intentions other think of it as improving the breed/standards.i was critasized for breeding bettas at the age of 14 and most of my bettas sold for more than $150 instead of ur avreage $5. meaning i learned to devlopehigh quality color strains and profile...

as i have said it all varies on the personand people your with. in my opinion i would get one and live with it for a while to study it behavior so if a potential buyer had a question for you then you could answer it appropratly. I did that with breeding Siberian Huskies and boy was i glladeI waited on breeding cause it would have been to muchfor me in my opinion, or atleast at that time in my life.

Do your research, I had birds that bred but i never bred them on purpose they that on their own so i couldnt tell you or even give u an estimate on how hard it is or is not when it comes to IRN breeding.
Ringneck <3

Post by Ringneck <3 »

ok thanks :P :D i appriciate your concern
Fah

Post by Fah »

Breeding birds is a beautiful thing and something that I reccomend, but only to those who have done alot of research and have the serious time and dedication for it.

If you are willing to really understand what they need, aviary requirements, feed requirements, mental requirements etc, and plan to rear the young for pets (really a huge task) or breed for mutation development, then sure, go ahead. Its a huge level of dedication, and often (unless you are investing huge amounts of money into some of the rarer birds) not something that will make you profit.

The only purpose to breeding them for most people, is a fun, rewarding hobby, and in that sense, is more than acceptible.

Weather you choose to breed, or own, best of luck in your choices, and knowledge never hurts :D So what you research or learn in figuring out what you want to do, will help with either path you take.

Often I have found that people who breed before getting a pet, actually understand the moods and body language better than some first time pet bird owners (each species is and can be very different in this regard).

Like anything, if done responsibly, it can be extremely rewarding.
Ringneck <3

Post by Ringneck <3 »

ok thanks :D im glad all of you are so nice about it

-Lucas- Thanks !!!!
julie

Post by julie »

How are you planning to get your mum on board with breeding? I could imagine it wouldn't be easy considering that she wont let you have 1.
Ringneck <3

Post by Ringneck <3 »

really i dont know... i am trying to get her to let me get one.. she says "she is not a bird person..." so i gotta just make her a "bird person " :))) lol