Branches?

Moderator: Mods

SarahandEco

Branches?

Post by SarahandEco »

What tree branches would be safe to use as perches in Eco's cage? I've heard fruit branches are safe and IRNs really like them. Any others? I don't know how easy would be to find fruit branches where I live. Also if you know of any branches that would be toxic that would be helpful too.
SarahandEco

Post by SarahandEco »

ah I just saw that there were some of the toxic plants in the household poisons sticky. But I still want to know what some branches that would make good perches are...

LAAnnie

Post by LAAnnie »

I have plum trees, and the branches are just the right size & make great perches. Also, the wood is very hard, so they don't get chewed up. Plum, peach, apricot or any stone fruit wood will be fine.

Apple wood is too soft.

You can also buy manzanita, which is hard as a rock. If you live near the ocean, pieces fo driftwood make good perches & stands.
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

You can use outside branches, :!: Beware make sure
you clean them thoroughly before use
:!:
carnelian

Post by carnelian »

LAAnnie wrote:I have plum trees, and the branches are just the right size & make great perches. Also, the wood is very hard, so they don't get chewed up. Plum, peach, apricot or any stone fruit wood will be fine.

Apple wood is too soft.
The above trees that I bolded are all unsafe and are not recommended for perches. Apple is safe. See here for safe and unsafe wood.