Breeding problems

Moderator: Mods

Birds

Breeding problems

Post by Birds »

Hi there i am new to the site!!

I was just wondering if anyone can help me, I have a breeding pair of yellow ringnecks with 3 eggs at the moment laid about 10days ago now. My hen is always in the box but not incubating the eggs any idea's? also it seems to me like she is waiting to lay an egg she has a buldge like they do before they lay but has had this for over 8days. She is still flying around feeding and drinking, with male being very vocial and being a bit of a pest to her.

I also have a pair of greens in the avairy but not breeding, not sure if this has anything to do with it. I have had cockatiels in the past that are egg bound but have never survived after about 2 or 3 days. What do you think can do?

the greens are soon getting moved into there breeding avairy but a little worried about the yellows, 2 of the eggs are fertile but not developing any more and my hen doesn't seem herself but is flying etc.

thanks guys

kelley and helen
julie

Post by julie »

Best thing to do would be to get her checked by a vet. Is there more than one pair in the aviary?
Birds

Post by Birds »

Yes a pair of greens, but they are getting taken out in the next few days just waiting for there new avairy to be built.

thanks kelley