another colour question

Moderator: Mods

riantango08

another colour question

Post by riantango08 »

another colour question i have just been given a pair of ring necks

a green male possibly split 2-3yrs and a grey female 2 1/2 yrs

will these two breed and if so what colour would there offspring be

i also have a lutino whos approx 17-18 months old and a blue whos approx 12 months old not sure on the sex of either of these 2, will they be to young to breed with this year.
thanks for your replys
riantango08

Post by riantango08 »

is there anybody out there :D
Fah

Post by Fah »

Posting before a long weekend = not much info from some of us sorry hehe.

A Green with a visual Grey will throw both boys and girls:

Green split blue
GreyGreen split blue

Now, if the male is split blue, im guessing thats the split you refer to.. both boys and girls can be:

Blue
Grey
Green split blue
GreyGreen split blue

Now, regarding the lutino and blue, no idea. Males wont breed till 2yo and even then its no guarantee he will be 1) successful or 2) interested. Indians are quite easy to breed, but you cant always pick whats going to happen.

Breeding season kicks into gear about July onwards here in Australia right through till finishing up around Christmas time, so its quite a big gap when peoples birds start and finish.

That pair have a chance of going down this coming breeding season, but being young birds its no guarantee.

Every colour of IRN's will breed successfully with another colour of IRN, they are just variations, not sub species etc they are true mutations of the same thing basicly. So long as the birds themselves are happy together, they will try breeding together.
riantango08

Post by riantango08 »

thanks fah

i have the pairs seperated at the moment(for quanentine) but i will be joining them all together in the next month or so,so ill see who pairs up with who and go from there.
im not fussed if they breed or not but it would be a bonus if they do.