What do you think?

Moderator: Mods

laine

What do you think?

Post by laine »

Smokey loves me and I adore him as well. He also thinks I am his mate. When I am in the lounge room - where his cage and playground is - he often sits with me or on my shoulder or he is happy to be on his own cage or playground, just as long as I am in the room. If I stand up and leave the room he quickly flys to me. Funny thing is, if I stand up and he thinks I am leaving, he will fly to me :lol: :lol: It's as if he's saying "don't leave without me".
My query is this:
Everyone is still on holidays except me :cry: I am back at work. However, when I come home I am told of all fantastic things Smokey says and does. When I get home I hear him from the driveway yelling out cos he knows I am home (No one is allowed to let him out of his cage, only me - that's another story !!)
As soon as I get in the door, I let him out of his cage. Then he generally sits on my shoulder, or my chair. However, the entire time he doesn't say much to me. I hear him if he decides to play with his toys but this is not for that long and I don't get to hear all the things my family tell me he says. My theory is that he is entertaining himself until I get home. Once I get home, he doesn't need to talk to himself cos Mum's home and he is quite happy just to be in my company - no words needed - just unspoken love :lol: :lol: :lol: . If I have got something he wants then he might say hello to me, he will ask me what I am doing but that's about it.
What do you think? Do you think I could be right? Or doesn't he like talking in front of me? Anyone elses bird do this?
Also any ideas on how I can get him to talk for me?
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Jordan does the exact same thing with me, he will follow me where ever i go .. although he does have moments where he is comfortable with daddy. But mostly he follows me. I think its because I originally spent the most time with him and trained him. He also knows .. lol .. that I am the most likely person to make or have food and treats. I treat him everytime he copies what I say to him. I talk to him allllllll the time when he is with me. And as soon as he copies, I treat him (dried melon seeds) . Now he never shuts up ... lol :roll:

Your fid also could be all talked out by the time you get home ??

or the time of the day might be his rest period.

could be a combination of all kinds of things.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless