OH MY GOD - MONTE FLEW AWAY!! LONG POST ALERT!!

Moderator: Mods

MissVuks

OH MY GOD - MONTE FLEW AWAY!! LONG POST ALERT!!

Post by MissVuks »

but i found him :)

I came to my boyfriends house the other day after work and usually straight away i go to get monte from his cage. But this time he wasnt there and i FREAKED OUT - i ran to my boyfriend going ummmmmmmmm wheres monte? he said isnt he in his cage, im like ahh NO!!

So hes like relax, maybe my grandfather has him and has taking him in the car while my grandma drops off my jacket at the drycleaners.

So we look for the transportation cage, and its in the garage, so that makes it awfully sus..

I drove down to the drycleaners and his grandma dropped off the jacket at 9am so who knows how long hes been missing..

I drove around trying to find their car in the carpark thinking they may be shopping but they werent.

When i got home we rang around his grandparents friends and we eventually found them. They explained that my boyfriends grandfather opened the cage and monte FLEW OUT!!

Since weve had monte he hasnt been able to fly so this is new to us. I walked around balling my eyes out, sobbing up and down the street whistling and calling for monte..

all of sudden i hear a whistle that sound like his - but i couldnt distinguish where it was coming from - so i kept calling his name and eventually found him sitting on a fence 3 house down (in the shade thank god!! it was about 30 degrees celsius that day).

I sat him on my finger gave him lots of cuddles and kisses as we walked home - with little monte saying ohhhhhhhhhhh good boy cos he was getting head scratchies LOL

i dont think ive ever been so flustered and upset - i almost lost my baby but thankfully he recognised my voice and whistle..

Now we gota get his wings clipped - his bad wing is still growing - should we clip his other wing cos that one is perfect

OR

should we let his bad wing grow and catch up to his good one and learn to fly - cos hes really uncoordinated..
Tayyab

Post by Tayyab »

I suggest clip its wings for another month or so, take it out quite often, and let it see where its going, in Pakistan, my cousin let his parrot out and i was like WTH its gonna fly and go far away, he was like i dont care.

I was kinda worried, but then at like 5pm i saw a bird flying, get into the cage, and close the cage door. Like come on, which bird does that on its own? when u let it fly anywhere it wants, once we took it out for a walk, somewhere it had never been, it flew away, we came back home worried, and it was in its cage -.-.

lol, so its better if you let it see where its going, so then it can find its own way back home :)
MissVuks

Post by MissVuks »

we might have to take him to the vet so we can learn how to clip his wings cos weve never done it before..

thats actually a really good point - because now that we know he can fly we are abit apprehensive when taking him outside of his cage into the house.. so it sounds like a plan for him to get used to be outside like he is now so when he can fly its just normal to him..