Cage #1 is 23"x23"x50"
No votes
Cage #2 is 32"x23"x40"
100%

Total votes: 4

Lisa's Tiki

Help on cage size!!!

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

Hi, Tiki is almost 16 weeks old and he is currently housed in a 20x20x28.5" cage. I am wanting to get him a bigger cage and would appreciate any input on which would be better? I am stuck between two different ones, here are the interior deminsions:

Cage #1 is: 23"x23"x50"

Cage #2 is: 32"x23"x40"

What do you all think is best wider or taller?
Angelface

Post by Angelface »

it really depends!! I think taller because of tail length! you dont want their tail being bashed against stuff constantly! mine are in "tiel" cages and their tails are constantly rubbing on stuff, it was the cages they arrived to me in, and since they are still settling I dont want to move them just yet! but when I do get them new cages, they will be taller so that the tails dont get stuck on things or rub on the bottom of the cage!
Melika

Post by Melika »

My cage is 32"Length x 23"Depth x 42.5"height interior dimension.

It's perfect, and HUGE for Hane. Even with all his toys he still can flap around like a mad-bird. ^_^

Wider is better. 50" tall would be... very tall. And you don't really need that height. Take out your tapemeasure and see just how large your cage will be. So I pick the one lower in height. Easier to get Hane out too, if it were taller he would be able to climb up there and I can't reach that high... ^_~