Thin golf glove...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Thin golf glove...

Post by Mikaela »

I know, I know, no gloves! But India (8 weeks old) is a lunging hen that draws blood everytime. No matter how hard I try, I can't help but snatch my hand away. Please, someone tell me it is ok for a short time to use a very thin golf glove to begin handling her. I have been successful in teahing her "step up" on a stick and she likes to please me doing it. I am just too nervous otherwise and have NO HELP from anyone, although husband and kids promised alot of help. I have post tramatic stress syndrome and acute anxiety disorder. I always make sure I am good inside before I try to play with her.

I am scared of a little baby bird... so pathetic :oops:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Bump
IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

you can use a glove if you want but what about when you want to stop using the glove? She may still bite you. zazu (my IRN) is still bluffing and has been for the past month or so. he only draws blood when i pull away or when he lunges and pulls away himself. It doesn’t really hurt. i think you should let her get use to you hand feed her treat every now and then which should strengthen you bond with her. Try not to be scared don’t show her that it hurts and she will soon stop. What I do is just hold my hand in front of zazus face he soon calms down. Remember no fear.

Females are more violent and much harder to get close to because they don’t trust any 1 and every 1 just certain people but once it is done it’s the best feeling. Good luck with your training and keep us posted.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Thank you for your advice. Boy, she sure is sweet BUT she lunges and bites and pulls away. She only allows slight touches when I have her on a stick. I walk around all day with a bird on a stick, have a lost my mind? hehe. My family thinks I have.

The stick I carry her with around the house is about 6 inches long. She likes being with me. She flies the coop and looks for me but NO TOUCH MOMMA! She chooses to me adored from afar haha.

This is day 7 with her and she is getting chirpy. It is a blessed sound to have around. Hope no squaking starts. I ALWAYS acknowledge her when she makes a sound. I do this to make her chatty in the future. Is this positive or going to work against me? Meaning when she misses me she will be loud to demand my attention. (I have four boys... five counting my husband) and now a girl. :shock: