thinking out the re-intro

Moderator: Mods

swanwillow

thinking out the re-intro

Post by swanwillow »

My male and female ringnecks have now been separated for 3 weeks. If noone remembers; my male was beating my female to the point of needing separating.. It all culminated in the day he tried to pull her back up onto a certain perch by her wing. Her eye was cloudy, and she just.. seemed.. bad.

So, they've been separated. The male tries, daily, to desperately get back to his female. At first she ignored him, hid even behind her nestbox. A week into it, she started hanging out where he can see her. Two weeks, and shes talking to him, and starting to attack at me through the cage.

Today, shes flock calling. Her eyes are clear, feathers full, and she looks really good.

Should I wait a few weeks longer, to see? She has moved her sleeping spot from infront of the nestbox opening to the corner nearest him, in eyesight. She eats twice as much as him now. Before he'd steal her food. AND she took her first flight across the cage a week ago-they went from a cage that I am now keeping my lorikeet in, its 18x18x24 inches or so. to a NICE 3x3x2 foot cage. The male was doing flights before I moved him, but now that shes alone, she'll take little ones across it. (which is amazing, since her problem with flight is landing without a lot of toes)

Anyway, back on topic... When would be a good time to put the male back in with her? A few weeks? this week? I can re-separate them if he starts being a dork again. Should I wait til its closer to breeding season so that shes in the mood more?
nil

Post by nil »

Nice news
I think is better to wait few time more to get sure. Maybe another 3 weeks :?
swanwillow

Post by swanwillow »

kay.

I'll mark it on the calendar :P