No help for wild birds.

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

No help for wild birds.

Post by Lauren »

2 weeks ago as I was sitting on the bus on the way to mums, the bus was slowing down to a stop and hit a lorrikeet. It bounced off the windscreen and hit the side, right where I was sitting! I saw its little face as it landed on the grass under a tree. It was still alive but couldn't get up. I couldnt get off the bus and for the whole hour it took to get to mums I just wanted to go back for it. I was the only person on the bus with tears in my eyes. I never did find out what happened to the poor thing. :cry: People just told me, its wild and if you had of helped it, it would of died anyway or the RSPCA would of put it down because they cant afford to take wild birds to vets. Maybe this is true, but it just made me angry!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

You have a kind heart -- that is a blessing and a curse (but don't stop!)
MCS
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Oh Lauren, everyopne is just out to make me cry today!! I feel for ya hun x
-Chamon-

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Thanx, I forgot to mention it 2 weeks ago. :( Just so sick of people saying 'Its just a bird'. If it was a dog or a cat someone would of done something. Just wished I could of jumped off the bus then.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

I hate seeing things like that .. You have a good heart Lauren..

All I can do is Image

Poor little thing.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

laine

Post by laine »

Lauren, I can understand how you must have been feeling. In the estate that I live there are alot of wild birds, larakeets, cockatoos, galahs, and beautiful breeds I don't even know the names of. If a bird is on the road I always slow down when I approach for fear that it won't move out of the way in time and I will run over it. I have, on a few occassions, seen people run straight over them. Maybe not, but it seems like they do it for kicks. I always sadens me that these little fellows have no protection or that if it is an accident, no one seems to care or do anything. And I too dispise the phrase - its just A BIRD. No one says its just a dog or just a cat do they? I have a bird feeder in my backyard, I get plenty of visitors and they appear to hang round waiting for it to be filled. I think they like it and it keeps them off the road while they are hanging in my backyard :D
Petey

Post by Petey »

I go thru the same thing where I live although it's not birds. It's young deers, older deers, rabbits, squirrels, hedgehogs, woodchucks and sometimes even baby bear cubs who have wondered away from the mother.---Dave
nichole123

Post by nichole123 »

I just do not understand how someone can kill ANYTHING and think "well it's just a such and such". Is that not some kind of psychological problem? How can you kill a living thing and have no remorse :?: ? I saw a person SPEED UP and run over a cat on our old street... how sick is that :cry: ? What kind of a society do we live in that it's ok to run over whatever you want as long as it's on the street? :( How horrible that bus ride must have been for you! :cry:
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

sorry that you had to see that. it happens all over the world its nature i guess sorry again to see it hun
R.I.P Baby 05 / 09 / 2007 You Will Be Missed !