Talking

Moderator: Mods

laine

Talking

Post by laine »

Hi. Smokey is about 18 months old. He says the word Pretty very clearly. Anything else with pretty in it is relatively clear (pretty boy, pretty bird, where's the pretty bird) The other things he says are more of a mimic of the tone or sound of what I say to him rather than the clear actual words. I know when he is saying 'hello' 'wanna bikky' 'want some bread' but is this hope of what it kind of sounds like. My son, who has a very clear talking budgie, says Smokey is really trying to talk but then again we are real bird lovers. Others say its my imagination of what I want him to say and its a coincidence that there are the same amount of cylables and the tone is similar. I know that without hearing him, its hard to comment but is this how they usually start to talk. Smokey started saying the word pretty about 8 months ago. Sometimes he will just say the word pretty over and over again, funny enough its a deeper tone than when he says it combined with other words like pretty boy. What do you think or what have your experiences been regarding the talking process?
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Yep it begins with sounds rather than clear words. Its the same ole with everyone, people look at you like you are crazy at first when you say, "did you hear that ? he just said *word* !" Even my husband looked at me like I was loosing my mind, but before long it became clearer and clearer until suddenly my husband is running in telling me that he heard my bird say *word* like he was the first to hear it. Forgot that he called me crazy on a month or so back. :roll:

But I would say its the beginnings of smokey getting it down :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless