People vs Fids

Moderator: Mods

Gemstone

People vs Fids

Post by Gemstone »

Well there was 3 of us living in our house with the 2 fids now we have a 4th person who sleeps on the couch at the moment. Toby and Amazon think this is grat and very late at night when the lights are off they think it is fun to talk to each other while our flatmate is sleeping, this doesnt bother me or Adam but upsets teh flatmate. Early hours of the morning they do this too, they really think its funny because the flatmate gets upset bout it and tell them to shut up, i have told him he isnt aloud to tell tehm to shut up.

They wanted to know a way they would get the fids to shut up but i have told them that this is there house nad they are doing it because its annoying you.

I dont want to cover them up at night as its there house and they like to get out of there cages and wonder to the bedrooms in the morning or to the gym. What else could we do or is there nothing, im scared that i will wake up one morning and find them locked in there cages or something worse.
Adam and Dude
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Cheeky buggas! :lol: I dont know anyway to quiet them down other than closing the curtains and half covering the cage. Ive worked out if I give them their breakfast early enough they don't make alot of noise in the early morning. Too busy munching on vegies!

But they are chattering during the night? My only solution is cage time at night with a half cover. My fids are fine with it, they roam around the house all day and put themselves to bed in the cages at sunset. Might take a while to get used to though.

Guess your guest is going to have to find somewhere else to sleep if its that annoying? :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Yep, fids would win in my house too. If they really want to chatter, they wiill. From time to time, my budgies (caged and covered) decide 2 AM is a cool time to start chattering. Of course, once one is up they all start. Suspect they do it more often than I realize, since I could sleep through the second coming. Maybe you should buy your roomie a pair of green earplugs for St Paddy's Day!
MCS
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

lol that sounds like a great idea catschair.
Adam and Dude
fiona

Post by fiona »

What your roommate should realize is by telling them to shutup, he is encouraging them. The best thing to do is ignore them. Luckily Fiona is good to me and will let me sleep until 9 or ten on weekends. During the week, it's us waking her up. :lol: