behavior

Moderator: Mods

bmxdave4g63

behavior

Post by bmxdave4g63 »

Hi. I have a 7 year old female. Ive been her only owner since weened. She is extremely bonded to only me. Very aggressive towards everyone else. I socialize with her regularly. She never learned to step up and never mumbles a word. Everytime i try training her she gives me her neck and practicaly gets into the fetal position. Its very sweet but i feel as though shes not comprehending anything im trying to do. Always been like this since baby. I can pick her up hold her in my hand on her back and she loves it. Would love to hear her say something.... she doesnt even mimic sounds. Any suggestions?
AJPeter

Re: behavior

Post by AJPeter »

My Alex hen does not talk, when l first got her last August she would say Hallo but since then nothing, l have this theory that they talk because they are lonely, the more attention you show her the less likely she will talk.

Many birds do not talk but they tell us so much in their body languageas to what they want, look at my thread Parrot Speak

You are acting in appropiately with her in touching her back she sees you as her mate. Look on our forum for more info and my thread A thread for AJ and Billie a about hormonal behaviour