Can't wait for pin feathers... Dark red coloured eyes?

Moderator: Mods

DavidAdelaide

Can't wait for pin feathers... Dark red coloured eyes?

Post by DavidAdelaide »

Hi All,

A pair of my IRNs have had three chicks (oldest being 6 days old).
The parent birds are a visual Blue Cock to Turquoise Blue Pallid Hen (I am unaware of their splits / genetic history).
Here comes the part that is confusing me. Of the three chicks, 1 has 'normal' dark coloured eyes (I am assuming this on is a blue). The other two chicks (1st born and 3rd born) have red coloured eyes, but not the same red as you would see on a lutino/albino chick, the colour seems slightly darker, but nowhere near the 'regular' blue dark eyes.
I realise all will be revealed in time (assuming all chicks grow successfully) but does anyone have any theories/logic that could answer this riddle... (Apologies if there is a simple explanation, but I am stumped!)

I am thinking cock might be split ino but pallid hens can't be split to ino, therefore, I don't think the chicks are inos?... Any other suggestions are appreciated (the suspense is killing me and pin feathers are still to far away)...

Look forward to hearing your theories,
Thanks,
David
Ring0Neck

Re: Can't wait for pin feathers... Dark red coloured eyes?

Post by Ring0Neck »

Hi David,

Firstly Congrats on your new youngsters.
Patience is required to pin feathers ; meanwhile to minimse the possibilites you need to list them down as very probable mutations can be:
INO
Pallid
Cinnamon

Confusion becomes less so once you look from a logical perspective.
there are other possibles but probability drops right down to almost impossible; like somehow you ended up with 2 split CHF birds and produced a visual CHF, such cases are extremely rare and as much as we hope that it is what we wish, it almost always comes back to most logical, most probable scenario.

Cheers

I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Ring0Neck wrote: very probable mutations can be:
INO
Pallid
Cinnamon

Confusion becomes less so once you look from a logical perspective.
there are other possibles but probability drops right down to almost impossible; like somehow you ended up with 2 split CHF birds and produced a visual CHF, such cases are extremely rare and as much as we hope that it is what we wish, it almost always comes back to most logical, most probable scenario.

Cheers

[/color]
Perfectly said!
DavidAdelaide

Post by DavidAdelaide »

I was thinking ino myself, but it it possible for inos to be produced, when the hen is pallid?
(I didn't think the pair can produce inos (split inos possibly), but not visual)
Do pallid and cinnamon birds have dark red eyes? (Apologies for my consistent questioning).

I highly doubt the CHF theory, I was thinking could the chicks be pallidinos if the cock is split ino?
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

David,

The red eyed birds 90% of the time come from the father being split for either ino, cin. or pallid
The red eyed birds should be hens
So, whatever the red eyed chick will be , let's say pallid
father is Blue split pallid, nothing to do with the hen in this case.

PS: I just realised your hen is Turq. Pallid
In this case you could have Pallidino males also amongst the red eyed chicks + turquoise if you lucky.
It will also give you the ino or turq-ino hens.
Should be interesting... nice 1.

Last edited by Ring0Neck on Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Yes Ino's can be produced from that pair if the cock is split Ino- any Ino's will all be hens, and any Pallidino's will all be cocks.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Shey
You're fast ! :lol:
"Last edited by Ring0Neck on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total. "

I normally clock 4-5 edits before a reply :D, i proof read after posting

BTW: Shey your edged chick looks more like a misty doesn't he?
Still waiting for my first edged chick.... due to hatch a clutch soon
I'm an Explorer
DavidAdelaide

Post by DavidAdelaide »

Ring0Neck wrote:David,

The red eyed birds 90% of the time come from the father being split for either ino, cin. or pallid
The red eyed birds should be hens
So, whatever the red eyed chick will be , let's say pallid
father is Blue split pallid, nothing to do with the hen in this case.

PS: I just realised your hen is Turq. Pallid
In this case you could have Pallidino males also amongst the red eyed chicks + turquoise if you lucky.
It will also give you the ino or turq-ino hens.
Should be interesting... nice 1.

Yes, well, I will just have to wait and see...
When I saw the red eyes I just had to post...
I will keep everyone updated.