Violet IRN

Moderator: Mods

Jaison

Violet IRN

Post by Jaison »

Can someone tell me the difference between a violet green IRN and a violet blue IRN? I have a violet cock and I don't know how to tell the difference. If you have a picture of both, that ill be greatly appreciated.
JimHcctx

Re: Violet IRN

Post by JimHcctx »

A violet blue is a violet colored ringneck. If you use the genetics calculator, you would have to select both violet and blue to get it to work right, but visually it is a violet colored bird.

A violet green bird also referred to as dark green in the states (bad term as there is also a dark green ringneck), is a green colored bird that has the longest couple tail feathers a violet color vice a blue color that you see in regular wild-type green ring necks.

The violet greens are valuable as when mated with a blue series (violet, turquoise, blue etc) will throw a portion that are violet blue babies. (violet colored babies).

I believe if you mate it with a violet cock, you might get double-factor violets as well. These are also visually violet in color, but have a light sheen of grey over the feathers unlike the single factor violets which are vivid in their color.
Jim H
Nodding the head is not rowing the boat!
Jaison

Re: Violet IRN

Post by Jaison »

Thank you