VioletBlue Pallid question

Moderator: Mods

sheyd

VioletBlue Pallid question

Post by sheyd »

Managed to get some pics that accurately represent my Pallid's base colour- now of all the Violetblues
I've seen on this site, they appear to look more blue than violet in their pics- however I haven't been able to compare with any Violetblue Pallids as I haven't been able to find any on here.

- So my question is...does Pallid darken the base, before lightening it back up again?

Pics - these were taken consecutively with no flash- no adjustments made in-between. the picture of the blue is to show you how different they are colourwise.

sheyd

Re: VioletBlue Pallid question

Post by sheyd »

or anyone have a (quality) picture of a Violetblue Pallid to compare?
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

8 year old Violet Pallid

It just got progressively lighter after the 2nd molt

sheyd

Post by sheyd »

that is light, thanks for the pic. So I can expect this too I'd imagine?

My hen hasn't gone through any molts yet, and was told (and thought) that the colour would deepen over time- guess it lightens over time- I'm not worried though as I am not aiming at breeding Pallids. I intend on keeping the Violetblue daughters from her and moving on the cocks.

Q- when you say 'Violet' did you mean (df) or (sf)- I'm still learning so trying to get my head around causal names and the images to go with it- I'm guessing the bird you posted is a (sf) Violet?

Edit- apart from sale ads , I found another decent pic, and it seems that the Pallid gene causes (at least in the blue series) the base to become 'cooler' than if the bird was without it. cooler and paler the best words to describe- It does not just look like a paler Violetblue, it looks like a cooler paler Violetblue (closer to violet than blue). Interesting!