Answers from Babu

Moderator: Mods

trabots

Answers from Babu

Post by trabots »

Yes. I spent 6 days with him in December. Why do you ask?
Molussus2, why do we then still have all these queries that only Babu can answer? I hope you got some answers.

1. Has a df 'Sapphire' ever been bred? If not why does he call it another unique Parblue?

2. Has the inheritance of the Emerald been determined 100%?

3. What is the 'Azure' and has a DF 'Azure' been bred? Is it the same as the Deep Blue? Is it allelic with something else?

4. What is the 'Saddleback' all about? The real truth.

5. In his Parblue article why were the homozygous forms totally ignored?
Tartan ringnecks

Re: Answers from Babu

Post by Tartan ringnecks »

Hi trabots

I would like to here what babu has to say also

And here is some others also That he has put out their.

Dhani green ?????

Contra ???
Kev
trabots

Re: Answers from Babu

Post by trabots »

Cheers Molossus,

Please assure Babu that I have respect for him as a breeder of IRNs and that we can only be jealous of his contacts in India and therefore access to these mutations when they appear. I also disagree with the gurus who came up with the International Naming System who have continually put him down for some of the names he assigns to these birds. The Indigo is a case in point. The name sucks but this is semantics only, he identified it as different to the Turquoise in both heterozygous and homozygous. In my mind he had the birds and therefore has the right to name the bird whatever he wants if it is a new mutation to aviculture. I pleaded for a year on Terry's forum for the gurus to assign what they felt the bird should be called but got zilch response. They appear to have no interest in updating their INS. Terry seems to have no interest at all anymore.

There are I am sure examples where Babu has failed to see that the 'new' mutation he has found already exists and is named in another species, but then instead of criticizing him they should be working with him to confirm the connection etc etc....