Cage height

Moderator: Mods

Mahuska

Cage height

Post by Mahuska »

I thought I was settled on the cage I was looking at for my anticipated IRN. It was a nice one with a playtop 72" tall. I have read threads here about cages and they look nice but wonder about the warning of not letting the bird being that high, especailly one that may bite or feel superior. So how about a dome top and a separate play stand. I was going to make or buy one anyway. What do you think? I like the playtops and am going to make more portable perches etc. buy am concerned.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I would go for the dome top and get a play stand because you don't won’t to make the matter worse by making it feel superior.

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

No such thing as height dominance. If it's still easy for you to get your bird down off something high, even better if it wants to come to you, it shouldnt be a problem.

I think the main problem with high places for your bird is that it's more difficult for the people to interact with their bird, therefore the dont interact with it as much and therefore it doesnt want to be with them as much and so on.

If your bird is pretty tame then no problem. My birds sit on the curtain rails, I call them down, simple. Or if for some reason they wont come, I get a chair.. yeah i'm kinda short when it comes to curtain rails.