Water and Vitamin formula?

Moderator: Mods

sunfire249

Water and Vitamin formula?

Post by sunfire249 »

My IRN Mango is 3 months old now (adopted from a breeder a little while ago), and has been eating healthily, with lots of fruits and veggies along with some pellets the breeder gave me for the transition to the diet I would be providing him.

I've noticed that Mango doesn't drink a lot of water. Is this normal for an IRN?
Also, I use to own a Conure and was told to buy some vitmain fruit powder for "tropical birds" that goes into the water. Should I do this with my IRN as well?
For now he's just drinking filtered water.
PepperFetouh

Re: Water and Vitamin formula?

Post by PepperFetouh »

i have been having the same problem with my IRN "hawk" i have never actually seen him drink on his own, so i usually give him water every once in a while with a syringe, he opens his beak right away and takes the water and sometimes refuses he is about 2 months old and eats alot of fruits vegetables seeds and pellets
Pepper, hawk's mommy
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay does'nt appear to drink much, although he does love splashing about in his water bowl. They do get fluids from the juices in their fresh fruit and veggies. I only give sanjay a vitamin and mineral supplement, in the form of "feather up" when he is moulting, with a food containing palm nut oil.
Melika

Post by Melika »

If you are feeding pellets in addition to natural foods, then you definitely do not need any other artificial vitamin additives. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay