Why is he acting like this?

Moderator: Mods

tlouiselle

Why is he acting like this?

Post by tlouiselle »

Sky is 6 months old now. We do not know if he is a male for sure, but he has more characteristics from what I have learned (square head, vibrant cheeks, heart shaped wings, and some behaviors)...we still don't know though.

He (or she) has recently began a strange behavior with other (human) males. Whenever my boyfriend holds him he steps up on his finger with no fear, but begins this calm and LOUD scream. He has been doing this for almost a month now. When my boyfriend's dad visits us and hold him, he does the same. Even my 6 year old nephew was holding him over the weekend and he was doing it. He is not scared, does not bite, and even gives kisses during this time. They say "step up", he walks over and steps on their hand, then starts this scream.

He does not do this when myself or other females who hold him...or any other time. He is a very quiet bird who sings and talks all day. It is rare to hear him scream.

I think if he were scared he would try to get away from whoever is holding him, but he steps right up and stays with them...but SCREAMS. Is he trying to challenge them?

Has anyone else experienced this sort of behavior?
Molossus2

Re: Why is he acting like this?

Post by Molossus2 »

If he is flaring his wings and blazing his iris then he is displaying. Is it the breeding season at part of the world?
tlouiselle

Post by tlouiselle »

His eyes definitely pin but his wings stay normal. Would breeding season effect him at such a young age? He is 6 months.
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

Young birds do this. It's hormonal and the time of year.
tlouiselle

Post by tlouiselle »

Thank you :-) He is such a stinker.