Am I encouraging this behavior?

Moderator: Mods

LiveWire

Am I encouraging this behavior?

Post by LiveWire »

Naboo my 6 week old(as of tomorrow) is a good little guy. When I have him out he likes to hide. As much as he wants to I do not let him hide on my shoulder in my hair. Even if it wasn't a death trap (long, frizzy and curly)I would not let him do it. But I do let him snuggle in a blanket or under my hand. I want him to be comfortable with being around and in fabric but should I also make him be out in the open to see there is no reason to be afraid? Is there such a thing as handling him to much?

Does anyone happen to have or can describe the different sounds babies make. I know the happy food sounds, but am not sure on a few of the others. When he sees me I talk to him or I pet him he makes a eheeee sound. Sorry I don't know how to describe it. :| When he does it he lowers and bobs his head a little. If you do know the sound I am talking about do you know if it is because he is scared? I ask because it kinda sounds like an adult makes when it is mad at it's food or a toy.

Just confused and not wanting to mess up socializing him.

Thanks everyone

Leslie
imdnt

Re: Am I encouraging this behavior?

Post by imdnt »

I've never had one that young before but I'm thinking that if Naboo was scared, I'd say he would run away. It does sound like it's his way of saying "I'm loving this!".

Because he's so young, there may not be a thing as handling too much but with older birds, they do need their space. Just like humans we need our space from time to time.

The only downside I can only think of whilst they're young is that Naboo may become too dependent on you when he gets older.

Hopefully someone with more experience can clarify this for you.