strange behavior

Moderator: Mods

katiethemagnificent

strange behavior

Post by katiethemagnificent »

My 9 month old male ringneck squiggy is an oddball. He absolutely adores me, wants to be with me all the time. But he will NOT et me touch or pet him at all. He won't let anyone else touch him while he is on me, BUT, if he is on my husband, he will allow him to scratch him, play with his wings etc, without any fight at all. the closest i get to that is he let's me kiss his beak and neck sometimes. anyone know how i can deal with this? also, is it normal for such a young bird to have a huge vocabulary? he says so many things ow, it makes my head spin lol
Melika

Re: strange behavior

Post by Melika »

I am as dumbfounded as you. I guess the normal thing would be make sure you aren't the one stuck with all the 'bad' chores like putting him away into his cage and cleaning but you also get positives like treats and coming out to play.

I can only imagine: there are some people I love being around but don't want touching me. There are some people I don't mind touching me. Maybe he's the same way?
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay