Green cock, Hen options?

Moderator: Mods

MallyKat

Green cock, Hen options?

Post by MallyKat »

Hi all!

I'm currently the happy owner of a green cock, not sure of his correct mutation. Dunno whether he has any splits or anything. I'm curious as to what colour chicks he could produce to different coloured hens? I don't have a hen as yet, but before i start a search I'd love opinions on possible chick outcomes so i can refine my search for a hen a little. Any help would be highly appreciated :)

(I tried to search for a thread regarding green cocks breeding but i couldn't find one?) Thanks again!
Mally.
dog_glenn123

Re: Green cock, Hen options?

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi there are so many outcomes depending on what you pair him with so if you type in
www.gencalc.com and go to the scientific name for Indian ringneck and use the calculator to see what you outcomes will be.

Now just so you know green, violet and grey are dominant genes so there of spring will mostly be the same as they are.

You will notice that green isnt an option in the calculator so if you dont enter anything you will get green to green pairing.

Thanks Glenn
MallyKat

Re: Green cock, Hen options?

Post by MallyKat »

dog_glenn123 wrote:Hi there are so many outcomes depending on what you pair him with so if you type in
http://www.gencalc.com and go to the scientific name for Indian ringneck and use the calculator to see what you outcomes will be.

Now just so you know green, violet and grey are dominant genes so there of spring will mostly be the same as they are.

You will notice that green isnt an option in the calculator so if you dont enter anything you will get green to green pairing.

Thanks Glenn
THanks Glenn! I'll investigate that asap. Thankyou!