check this video of my angry bird!! HELP!

Moderator: Mods

miami

check this video of my angry bird!! HELP!

Post by miami »

Look at my baby indian ringneck, he is the most perfect bird in the world., except one problem he is aggresive when it comes to my hand for unknwon reason, it eats out of my hand and everything, comes onto my shoulder, but why does it act like this and try to attack my hand, is it terratorial or bluffing?
here i am posting a video of it on youtube to show you guys, that as soon as it sees my hand it becomes very aggresive and tries to attack my hand! why is this what am i doing wrong. please help

bird sos needed asap!

here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCly7m-jKWw

Please tell me why it is this aggresive when it sees my hand, and how do i tackle this?
i know it attacks because it is scared. but how do i tackle this?
SkyesMom

Re: check this video of my angry bird!! HELP!

Post by SkyesMom »

http://www.birdtricks.com/training-cour ... pause.html

I'm sure some of you, if not all, have heard of Chet Womach, the parrot guy. My IRN was nipping at us for a bit, too, and this helped us tremendously.
Dana
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Could it be that your bird is getting territorial over its cage. Does it behave this way out of the cage? I find that our two are extremely responsive to us but the minute I go to change the toys in the cage, they run to the top of the cage to see what I am doing. Sometimes, they will bite me. Generally, I try to change toys when they are out of the room.

Ellie.
birdbabe

Post by birdbabe »

maybe its the way your putting your OPEN hand up to his cage and moving it up an down,,,,he may see this as a threat? My birds dont like that . Just a thought.
miami

Post by miami »

I believe it is because it is terratorial. When it is out of its cage it is the most loving and clam bird ever. However even if i go say about a foot near its cage and its on my shoulder it jumps onto its cage, it doesnt like comming out of the cage much at all.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

I guess you need to make coming out of the cage something exciting? ... which can be difficult depending on the bird's personality. I find eating a banana in front of them gets them pretty excited... Is there something like that you can do to encourage them to come out. Do you have an out-of-cage play area for him?

Ellie.
miami

Post by miami »

No i dont have a out of cage play area, generally, like i open the roof of its cage and it works it way up and then i have to grab him with a towel, and once he is on me away from his cage, he is the most buddly cutest bird ever, but its that initial getting away from his cage, that is a problem
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Maybe you could try have an adjoining play area (if you have the room) where you can interact with your bird where he/she will hopefully feel less territorial.

Good luck.

Ellie.