housing one breeding pair

Moderator: Mods

rituparno

housing one breeding pair

Post by rituparno »

Hey I have housed my breeding pair puli & pithe in a cage that is 2.5ft wide 3.5ft high and 2.5ft long.So,will it work???
Also,.......is this season suited for parrots to mate???the climate here is moderate(not too hot not too cold )and it is quite comfortable too.
Can ,You all also give me a suggestion on the nesting box I should use???? :?: :?: :?:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :) :) :) :) :) :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: housing one breeding pair

Post by ringneck »

I have successfully bred in smaller cages; however, they must be suspended to ensure the ringnecks feel secure. If they are too low the birds will feel insecure.

I would however add about 3 feet in each direction on sides to the current measurements you have already given. It's important the cage be large enough to accommodate their tail, nesting box, food/water dishes, perches, and toys together. Believe me, all those items add up quite fast :P .

As for the nexting box, mine prefer ones that are deep. It allows them to feel secure when brooding their chicks. The nesting box should have a ladder installed to help the female climb up and down. If one is not installed, the eggs can easily be damaged as she jumps in.

Here is a great one taken from ringneckmutaions.com--very similar to the ones i use.

Hope this helps my friend!

Best Wishes,

IMRAN-C
Attachments
HPIM3984.JPG