Here I go again - feeding from day 1!!! :o

Moderator: Mods

ringybaby

Here I go again - feeding from day 1!!! :o

Post by ringybaby »

:o Well Squeaks mum has managed to hatch another baby??

Again she didnt feed so I (Mum) had to take over. Here is my NEW baby

Also I now have a baby tiel that I couldnt possibly sell :lol: So now I have Bubble & Squeak in a bucket.....LOL

If anybody has suggestions for the new baby then feel free to post it here. Mum IRN is still sitting on another egg so hopefully tomorrow I will have another baby

OMG - I am just recovering from 2hourly feeds with Squeak :shock:
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

You aren't having a good run with your pair are you :?
Don't worry, you are now more than capable of raising more 1 day old babies.

I am feeding 5 day old Lovebirds at the moment and they are about the same size, if not smaller than your new baby.

Good luck with the 2 hourly feeds :wink: Hopefully in a few weeks you will be able to get some sleep.
Sorry, i am really not helping am i :lol:

Good luck with it, they eat well so you won't have too many problems
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Ringybaby,
Wow! Bless your heart! How funny you're calling them Bubble and Squeak. My Mom used to make a casserole and she called it Bubble and Squeak. That's so cute. I love the photos. Keep em coming. And hang in there! You can do it. You'll just be very tired and not know if you're coming or going. But look at the wonderful babies you're going to have! Bless your heart!

Jen
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

You are a very blessed lady! That thing is amazingly fragile looking.

My kittys cant hold up thier own head yet, as a child cant. Are birds the same way? Are their eyes too sealed shut when hatched, like dogs and cats? Curious is all. Never seen a baby in real life before.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Awww

Post by Dani03 »

They are so cute! Squeak is so big now. Are you keeping Squeak and Bubble? What's the newest one's name? I just love thos tiny bitty babies...

Dani and Prinny
ringybaby

Post by ringybaby »

BAD NEWS - baby just died :cry:

He was fine last time I fed him but when I just went to him now he was dead!! I am sitting here crying like a baby
tasha

Post by tasha »

Ringybaby
I'm so sorry for your loss it is a brave thing that you do raising these little guys
Tasha
Tasha & Indy
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby, It's so hard even though they are only a day old they still make a place in your heart. So many things can go wrong and it's so hard, all you can do is the best you can.

My new cockatiel baby is being looked after by a breeder friend, He's only three days old and already he has a place with us if he survives. I was just sad that I was unable to care for him properly. I could keep him alive for a day or two but I dont have the capability atm to take care of babies.

I envy you your experience dont give up. These babies are worth every worry and every tear.
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Oh Ringybaby,
I would give you a big hug if I could. :( I'm so sorry and tears are running down my face now too. Bless your heart for trying. I wish I knew what else to say, but I don't. Hang in there. You can do it.

Sad hugs,
Jen & Byndi
baby_bella

Post by baby_bella »

oh ringybaby, you have done such a good job and believe me its not your fault, if you did all you coukld sometimes things just happen with the little babies... dont feel bad your a great mother to your fids..
beauty is fleeting, but wisdom never fades it grows stronger each day
ringybaby

Post by ringybaby »

Thankyou everybody for your support through the good and the bad that i have had since joining this wonderful board. It has helped me along the way so much! Everytime I see a reply to my posts (especially on Squeak) I read it out to hubby and he and I are so proud to have cyber friends like each and every one of you.

I will let you all know how I go with the other baby (if it hatches) and you can be rest assured I will always keep you up to date both with the good news and bad :cry:

Thanks again
Andrea, Ray, Boyz, Girlz & Birdz
XXXXX
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Big Hugs from me and my flock
-Chamon-

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

baby_bella wrote:oh ringybaby, you have done such a good job and believe me its not your fault, if you did all you coukld sometimes things just happen with the little babies... dont feel bad your a great mother to your fids..

Ditto. I am so very sorry. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing. If I found one of my little kittys dead it would break my heart so I can relate having newborns in the house.

We all love ya and are here for you.
~ Mikaela Sky

Jade

Post by Jade »

I never know what to say in these situations that means how I feel. Just picture me with red eyeballs and a sniffly nose from crying. Best of luck with the others.
ringybaby

Post by ringybaby »

I am OK :( Still very sad at my loss & the other egg hasnt hatched as yet and it has been 2 and half days since the first one hatched so if it doesnt hatch in next 24 hours then I dare say it wont :cry:

Squeak puts a smile on my face everytime I even think of him. I was so lucky with him :D I have given him cuddles from everybody here (and everywhere else for that matter) LOL

I will start a new thread tomorrow with new piccies of my Squeak he is now 6 weeks old - I cant beleive it 8)
Datsun and Family

I hate waiting! Want squeakie pics NOW :wink:

I will be hanging out. I need my squeak fix, its like hes everyones baby. Thank you so much for documenting his life and sharing it with us.

I am so sorry for your loss, it is never easy but squeak makes it all bearable, he is beautiful and packed full of personality! I know I love him!
-Chamon-

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I lost my baby cockatiel at 3 days old. I've got another one now hatched yesterday and another one to come in a few days. I am not equipped to raise birds. I dont even have a thermometer let alone a brooder but I have to do something, I cant just watch him die and no one else will take him.
Datsun and Family

:cry: Im so sorry to hear that. I wish you all the best with the rest of the clutch.
-Chamon-

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Thanks alot, I've been really upset over it lately, but all I can do is try.
ScarletKnight

sorry

Post by ScarletKnight »

im to all of who have lost a loved one. This is exactly why i don't deal with babies. you guys are braver then me . I applaud your courage and hope/pray that future clutches are healthy and happy. I two want to see pics of squeak. i tried caring for a baby hycian macaw once thought i was rady for commitment specially since i had an avian vet in the family but gave up that idea when i saw it throwing up food freaked and gave it to my vet to have and keep. so once again you guys are bigger man then i am. i freak at lil ones i dunno why i was the same with my dog and this irn i got now. ne how where is my pics of squeak. oh yeah want to see pic of datsun and baby 2.
***Disclaimer*** the statement above is opinion expressed soley for the purpose of providing educational and guidance to its reader. It does not by any implied meaning offend disrespect anymore. Your understanding is appreciated***
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

my second baby is 7 days old today, it's little eyes are just beginning to open. I will post pics as soon as I can grab hold of a camera. I'm staying at my mums place so it will take a while.