NewGame every 1 post the best pic that you have of your irn

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

As not to hurt anyones feelings I ask that Surferdon pick an anynomous judge... ONLY surferdon and the judge will know who they are. They may be one in the same or someone completely different. We will assume, however, that he picked a judge so we dont hang him when our baby doesnt win. This is up to you Surferdon.

They WILL NOT expose themselves... EVER.

I dont really approve of this thread to begin with so these rules MUST be adhired to strictly, otherwise the thread will be removed and nothing simular will be allowed to take place.

Surferdon, chose your judge discreetly and immediately. Judge, remain anynomous. Board, lets not allow this to turn into drama. I will not allow that. We are all very sensitive when it comes to our babies.

Furthermore, no bird here is prettier, smarter or more deserving of this award than another. All of our babies are smart and beautiful, we all know that. If you dont win, PLEASE do not allow it to hurt your feelings and be happy for whomever does win.

I want this to be a fun idea, not one that culminates into hurt feelings... thats all Im saying.

Good luck :!:
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

It's the picture we are judging not the bird and I wish it could have been a mix of all peoples thoughts on it, not just two opinions. But hey .. how ever you want! :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

hodad66

Post by hodad66 »

The dog - nose pic is classic... :)
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Kyria:

I understand the criteria regarding the contest.

Same applies.
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

I second The dog - nose pic :D
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

If I had my say... I like that one too.

Very symbolic of how IRNS and other pets interact. The other pets want to play but know they are playing with fire.
~ Mikaela Sky

julie

Post by julie »

i think everyone who took the time to put pics on should all be equal winners.
Melika

Post by Melika »

Just FYI:

microchips are injected into a bird's chest muscle. Keeps it from moving around and is about the size of a grain of rice. Even parrotlets can get microchips. ^_^

AVID is one of the most popular brands and most peeps who scan use scanners that are AVID compatable.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

Dani03 wrote:Ok so I am sooo dreaming but have you ever seen a violet Neo? OMG whoa talk about a beautiful bird...or a cobalt. Whoa...dream birds there :D :wink:

Dani and Prinny

Well i ain't Neo but i have seen a Violet. It was actually a Violet Lacewing and to tell the truth, it wasn't much to look at. The colour was way too light for my liking, the violet just didn't show too well.

I agree with Neo, the Rainbows and Grey Rainbows are amazing looking birds
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Jeremy...yeah I've seen a lacewing violet and yes they are not much to look at but have you seen a true violet? The one I saw up close and personal was a deep violet color and was beautiful!

Dani and Prinny
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

What ever came of this ya'll?
~ Mikaela Sky

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I dont think there were judges actually assigned to this
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Well, so many people put in the effort to do this, sucks if it isnt followed through on.

I have taken it upon myself to pick judges and the results are in.

First place goes to:

*mia* (first pic posted, cropped with just the dog nose and bird)

Honorable mention goes to:

spinnergirl (Enough with the pictures ma)

Congratulations to the winners :!:

As for the rest of us, we know our babies are precious. Remember, it wasnt about whom has the prettiest baby, rather, which was the best pic. Judges, thank you... you did a great job.

Im sure many will agree with your choices.
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

congrats mia and spinnergirl :D
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

I couldn't agree more. Mia that picture was great. And so was Spinnergirl's! Congrats!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I think they are all sooo precious but my favorite was the 'enough with the pictures' :!:

Post card perfect... good job! :wink:

Good job to the judges. I can see much thought was put into it. Thank you.
~ Mikaela Sky

*mia*

Post by *mia* »

Thanks for the first place :D I have not been here for a while because of I have been gone over chrismas :)
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

welcome back.. congrats and hope christmas was ace. Best wishes for your new year also .. Congrats on the pic sweetie *kisses*
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

surferdon

hello

Post by surferdon »

Sorry everyone I have quite sick, i got the worst flu ever and then got mono from, im guessing, my job i work as a server at a bbq restauraunt. I deeply appologize but i am back. I agree with the decision the picture with the dog and bird is a wonderful shot. I do have to say that there sure are some spectacular photographers and even better models. I loved the pic with all the Irns on the christmas tree. They looked like christmas angels. Thank You Mikaela for helping me out we should make a summer addition or perhaps even a calender, how kewl would that be!!! Cheers
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Glad you are well again and back with us Surferdon.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Surferdon:

I can completely relate. I am in day 17 of the flu myslef and just yesterday I put on actual clothes.

Im far from myself, a shell of myself, Im running on about 20%. To get through a load of laundry or a shower was more than I could do for many days.

Now that I am so weak I feel very scared I am going to catch something on top of this. I dont know how long the flu is suppose to make you weak but as I said, day 17 for me and Im still only a quarter of my true self.

Sucks, sucks really bad. I dumber than I give myself credit for. Never having the flu, I just thought it was a cold... just a really bad one. Ooooh no, not even comparable. I have no idea why I associated the 2 so closely. The runny nose and coughing I suppose.

Can you tell me how you feel and how long it took to get some 'umph' back? Im starting to get frustrated.
~ Mikaela Sky

surferdon

Post by surferdon »

well i felt horrible for a long time with the flu, but not 17 days, that sounds pretty bad. I had a 103 fever and really bad cold soars, which i have never had b4, i got two days off from work, but they told me on the third i would lose my job if i did not show. It was one of the worse nights of my life. I could barely lift a tray, or talk. Then i got mono because my immune system was so week and that lasted over 2 weeks. At my job we dont have any bus boys so we the servers have to do it, and thats all it takes. I am just getting over being week and even may go and play some ice hockey tonight after work!!! Or i might just look at my irn he got his beak trimmed and he looks so good.
I am sorry you are so sick, if u have a fever over 103 go to the hospital, fever much higher can cause loss of brain cells. And if you are that week u for sure have the flu. take some ib profen and lots of vitamin c well take care!!!!!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I ended up in the hospital yesterday morning Suferdon.

You were right, I shouldnt have had a fever for so long. Come to find out, Im ate up with infection from head to toe and without antibiotics, I would have just gotten sicker and sicker.

Fevers mean Dr. I have learned my lesson.

Never been so weak, sick and over-whelmed in all my life.
~ Mikaela Sky

surferdon

Post by surferdon »

well thats good, at least you are on the road to recovery. feel better!!! :wink: