Golden Olive or Cinnamon Green???

Moderator: Mods

willowisp71

Golden Olive or Cinnamon Green???

Post by willowisp71 »

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd have a crack at using the GenCalc to work out the genetics of these babies I came across on someone's facebook page (see pic below)

They've been told the colours are, from left to right, golden olive, green, and olive. Now, I know from reading a few different threads on here that the last one is definitely not a true olive, (there's no violet in parents), but is in fact a grey green. And I've not heard the term "Golden Olive" before. I'd be interested to see what the experts would call the first colour??

But first, here is my attempt to work it out on the GenCalc.........and please, feel free to correct me where I go wrong :lol:

So apparently, the cock is visually Grey (possibly split cinnamon?) and the hen is lutino......here's my calculation (I've assumed there is cinnamon in the cock), and then the pic of babies is below......your thoughts are welcome :D

1.0 grey(sf) blue /cinnamon
x 0.1 ino
% from all 1.0
25.0% 1.0 grey(sf) green /blue ino
25.0% 1.0 green /blue ino
25.0% 1.0 grey(sf) green /blue cinnamon ino
25.0% 1.0 green /blue cinnamon ino
% from all 0.1
25.0% 0.1 grey(sf) green /blue
25.0% 0.1 green /blue
25.0% 0.1 grey(sf) green cinnamon /blue
25.0% 0.1 green cinnamon /blue

Which would then make the chicks, left to right:
green cinnamon/blue (hen),
green - split either blue ino or blue cinn ino (cock); or split blue (hen),
and finally
grey (sf) green - split either blue ino or blue cinn ino (cock); or split blue (hen)

ALL males will be visually green or grey green, females will be visually green, grey green, grey green cinnamon or green cinnamon.

:?: :?: :?: How did I go? ........ OH!! :lol: I just realised after posting the pic that there is a FOURTH chick in this photo hidden under the other 3!! :lol: Looks like a green also (ignore this one for the purpose of the exercise above :D
Regards Deb
Lushen1600

Re: Golden Olive or Cinnamon Green???

Post by Lushen1600 »

Hi Willowisp, you got the calculation correct but the first chick is not just a green cinnamon, let me explain.
Golden Olive is what we in South Africa refer to as Golden Cherry which is actually a greygreen cinnamon. So the first chick is a greygreen cinnamon which will make it a female. Carmen has a Golden Cherry male and also breeds golden cherry babies from her male, so she will be able to shed more light on this.

Thanks
Lushen
2014 Pairs
Green x Green
DGreen x DBlue
DE Blue/ino x DBlue
Grey/ino x Albino
Pallidino x Lutino
DE Blue Turq x Grey
DE Grey Turq x Blue
Greygreen/cinn x DE Blue Cinn
DE DBlue Turq x Blue Turq CHWT
Blue x DBlue Turq
Blue x Blue Pallid
Lutino/blue x Blue
willowisp71

Re: Golden Olive or Cinnamon Green???

Post by willowisp71 »

Cool! Thanks Lushen :D So many things to consider in this genetics game :lol: I think I've come across a post by Carmen about her Golden Cherry...will look it up again :)
Regards Deb