Has anyone come across this effect

Moderator: Mods

prodigy

Has anyone come across this effect

Post by prodigy »

Hi All,

Please take a look at the wing feathers, has anyone come across this effect before and in what?

Thanks,

Peter
SunithaNaik

Re: Has anyone come across this effect

Post by SunithaNaik »

These pics look normal. What is the effect r u talking about?
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Peter,

It is an altered feather strcuture which is transitory (it will disappear) and with unknown origin. It usually disappears after the first moulting

See here:
http://www.mcw-indianringnecks.com.au/n ... Plumes.htm

Recio
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Hi Recio,

These birds are starring the second molt and still have it, I also thought "Copia De Plumes" in the beginning.

Regards,

Peter
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Peter,

"Copia de Plumes" (feathers' copy in Catalan) was the file name of the pic, it was not the name of the "anomalie". When Franc Bo (Spanish breeder) sent it to Chris as a possible mutation/anomalie he did not yet know it. That bird came from a nest of 3 chicks and two of them had this kind of anomalie. Since the third bird was normal we can be confidents thinking that it was not a vitamin carency or similar, and since there were 2 birds in the same nest we could think on a possible hereditary factor. Those birds were bougth to M Breton (French breeder) who usually buys his birds to Dutch and Belgian breeders.
The anomalie disappeared and the birds got normal feathers after several months (I do not remember exactly if it was 6 or more). I do not know if they have bred and this type of feathers have reappeared in the offspring.

Regards

Recio
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Hi Recio,

I have 4 birds bred out of 3 different pairs that have this effect.

My birds are fed on seed, soft fruit or vegetables and supplement's daily so defiantly not a deficiency.

They are intresting under the UV as well, picture in inside of the wing under UV.

Lets wait until the end of the second molt.

Regards,

Peter
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Recio wrote:The anomalie disappeared and the birds got normal feathers after several months (I do not remember exactly if it was 6 or more). I do not know if they have bred and this type of feathers have reappeared in the offspring.
Reminds me a lot of pied in that regard, being regressive. Do you know the breeder so that you can perhaps follow up on this? Would be very interesting.
madas

Post by madas »

prodigy wrote: My birds are fed on seed, soft fruit or vegetables and supplement's daily so defiantly not a deficiency.
Perhaps a surplus of supplements. You know a surplus of calcium can cause a color change to red resp. pink or bad light conditions can cause black heads.

madas
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Hey Madas,

They only get calcium just before breading season and during, so i am pretty sure it has nothing to do with feeding.

On a completely different subject, how did that possible dominant pied of yours turn out?

Regards,

Peter