Alex n IRN diet??

Moderator: Mods

usman

Alex n IRN diet??

Post by usman »

hey guyz i need help i hv 1 pair of IRN n 1 male Alex parrot .. i just want to ask wat diet should i give them n wat should not b feed to them? i want a complete diet plane.. thnx
Kiki22

Re: Alex n IRN diet??

Post by Kiki22 »

I don't know about Alex's as I only have IRN's, Cockatiels and Lovebirds but fruit and veg is vital 2 the IRN. I am not saying what I do is the most correct thing as I know it's each to their own, but I will tell you what I give mine :) I only give a bit of seed every second day, it's just a parrot mix that I add those dried banana chips, shellgrit, a few sultana's and a bit of other dried fruit to, and on the alternate day I give them a fruit and veg kebab. That's just a skewer that I put 4 or 5 different things on for example the foods I use are: apple, pear, strawberry, passionfruit, grape, mandarine, capsicum, broccoli, sweet potato, carrot, corn, sugar snap peas/snow peas. And also on the seed day I throw in a piece of fruit :) Hope that helps somewhat!
Kiki22

Post by Kiki22 »

Oh, and I forgot to add, definitely do NOT feed avocado or lettuce.
Melika

Post by Melika »

usman wrote:hey guyz i need help i hv 1 pair of IRN n 1 male Alex parrot .. i just want to ask wat diet should i give them n wat should not b feed to them? i want a complete diet plane.. thnx
http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... f=3&t=8078

It's the same for almost all parrots.

Certain parrots have species specific requirements when it comes to fats, vitamins, iron, etc. Your IRN and Alex are very closely related (they can interbreed successfully) and will benefit from the same foods.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay