Quiet IRN

Moderator: Mods

pararigger

Quiet IRN

Post by pararigger »

Does a quiet IRN mean a bad thing? I think I've heard my IRN make on cheap in 6 days. My wife heard it once too. Does this mean my IRN may never be a talker :(
amb4693

Re: Quiet IRN

Post by amb4693 »

How old is he?we have a 3month old who never makes a sound either, she's just starting to make very quiet little noises!!! I'm kinda liking the quiet! Lol
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

I wouldn't say a quiet IRN is a bad thing especially when they are younger and still a little unsure of themselves. However, if you are worried about your bird it is a good idea to get a yearly wellness check with your avian vet.

Ellie.
pararigger

Post by pararigger »

I guess I should have said it's 3 months old :)
xOmar

Post by xOmar »

3 months? I got my irn 3 months old as well. The first time we heard him say a cherp was almost a month later, and it was due to him being outside and seeing lorries around. Just wait a month or two and they gradually start to make some noise. I had the same thing happen to me but now mines around 9months old and already has learnt 3 phrases
shonnaboyd

Post by shonnaboyd »

just wait...mines almost 6 months old and wakes up with the sun at 5am.......
he yells until i wake up..whistling the "pretty girl whistle" and the "come over here whistle" until i open his cage and feed him breakfast...
Just wait and you will have a very vocal buddy!
sparklingseas

Post by sparklingseas »

My new IRN is 3 months old. He is usually quiet, but has a piercing "pew, pew, pew" call!! I do have other birds, so maybe this is why he is vocalizing already. I would not worry about a quiet bird!!! :)
amb4693

Post by amb4693 »

Mine are all starting to be vocal, it's not Abadan or annoying sound, it's kinda cute! It takes time for them to get there voice! Mine are like 3,4,5 months old!!!! It's fun!!!! Can't wait for that animated little voice!!
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

When I got Sanjay at 8 wks, he was my first IRN. I spent weeks waiting to hear what his call sounded like!. Now there are times like trying to listen to the news when he can be a little too vocal!. Sanjay does the "pew pew" toon, I thought he was sniping at the birds in his garden. (Joke).
sparklingseas

Post by sparklingseas »

Yes~ the "pew, pew, pew" sounds like a laser!!!
pararigger

Post by pararigger »

Just an update about my IRN. I'm away for a week with military and my wife has told me that it's been making some beautiful sounds. It would lol. She said it's been doing it when she is in other room watching TV. Sneaky IRN. Especially when my wife sets up a camera and it stays quiet lol.