Another bird...

Moderator: Mods

joel1234

Another bird...

Post by joel1234 »

Hey

I am planning on buying a new bird. I am undecided weather to get a irn or a cockatiel. I already have two irns and they are great birds. One is a male and one is a female!

If I were to get another irn would a make or a female be better?? Or should I just get anothe species like a cockatiel??

Thanks all comments/ advice are appreciated!
kimijean

Re: Another bird...

Post by kimijean »

Do your IRN's share a cage? Or at least get along outside of their cages? Because a third might not be welcome.

Kim
joel1234

Post by joel1234 »

Hi Kim,

They don't share a cage, but there cages are side by side. So they pretty much do.

They get a long outside of te cage somewhat. Some days my female is in a good
Mood an will allow my male to ' hang with her' and preen her, but other days she is not so welcoming never really aggressive but enough to tell him that she isn't interested at the moment.
kimijean

Post by kimijean »

None of my birds really get along, not even the 2 Ringneck babies I have. (One is about 5 months old and the other is about 2 months old) Some can't even be out of their cages at the same time, but I work around it and all seem to be happy. So as long as they all of their own cage it's up to you if you get another Ringneck or a different bird all together.

Kim